Saturday, August 20, 2011

Just a quick note

Just wanted to check in briefly; it has been a whirlwind summer not just physically but mentally as my mind and heart are struggling to adjust to life without my dad. He passed away after a 9 month illness on April 29, 2011. As I'm not prepared to adequately write about this right now, I'll move on...

Many trips throughout the summer, both to connect with my sister and her family, and to re-connect with hubby. Want to post some pix of our most recent trip, to New York City, soon. Wow. Talk about a culture shock. I'd been before with my mom and sister 20 years ago and Jack had been a couple of times on business but we hadn't been together so it was lovely being able to share the wildness and uniqueness of NYC. Looking back, though, a spa in the hill country might've been a better idea as far as reducing our considerable stress.

BUT, then I wouldn't have been able to see adorable Daniel Radcliffe and hilarious John Larroquette in "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying". That and gazing longlingly at the brownstones in Harlem made the trip worth it, really.

And now, before heading off to a Texans game with hubby, son and daughter-in-law, I want to check out a new blog that a friend of mine told me about over dinner out last night at The Backstreet Cafe off of Shepherd (great place for a night out in Houston, can't wait to go back when the weather's nice and sit out back). I think the blog's called Cote de Texas and it's a blogspot blog. Will check it out...


3 comments:

  1. I've found you as the last follower of one the blogs I follow - Happy Homemaker UK.
    My mother died on June 12, a year after that she was diagnosed with having ALS. I don't want to talk about it either, but I do understand your feelings I think.
    You can find some Posts about her in the Memories section of my blog. You will see that I mainly try to find the good/nice side of things and enjoy them. I've got a lot for that too. So here you've got a new follower of your "enjoying life" adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Pet, for the understanding words. I'm so sorry for your loss; there are so many layers of what we're grieving for...it can be overwhelming. I'll definitely "visit" you on your blog and check out your Memories section. Thanks for following :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello. I noticed you came by and commented on the old-new house feature on Love Where You Live. Thanks so much for stopping by.

    I am so sorry to hear about your dad. It sounds like you are surrounded by a loving family, and I hope that helps.

    I love dining at Backstreet. One of our favorite places when visiting Houston (we used to live there). We sit in back, natch. In fact, we met friends there a few months ago -- way before the "hot" set in. Take care, -s

    ReplyDelete