Thursday, June 11, 2009

It worked!

Hey ~ the photo posted! That was so easy. Oh...who is that unbelievably precious child you ask? My grandaughter!!! I'll need daughter-in-law's permission to use her name so for now ~ we'll call her babykins. She's 20 mos. old and so much fun. As I write this post, saying that she's my grandaughter, I still can't quite believe that I've added 'grandmother' to my list of roles in life. Something's just not quite right with this picture. You see, I'm just 17, with long straight hair, killer tan and flat tummy, (and to my great consternation flat chest, also), rocking out to Peter Frampton, washing my hair with Herbal Essence, and beset with a list of insecurities a mile long. Oh my gosh. I just glanced up from where I'm propped up in bed typing and saw my image in my dresser mirror. I truly am that aforementioned girl in my head only. Outward image confirms that I truly am grandmother material. Hhhmmmmm. I guess that's o.k. I mean, the hair and tummy would be great to have back but I don't miss the flat chest and insecurities AND I have my beautiful babykins! In summary, I may not be able to believe sometimes that I truly am 50 (yikes) yrs. old and a grandma, but I'm good with it. Clarification ~ I'm GREAT with it.

3 comments:

  1. I am, and will always be 16. I never had a completly flat stomach though, sigh. Now I never will, sigh again. I still listen to the music I listened to then (80's) and sometimes wonder who that 35 year old wife and mother in the mirror is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, came over via Claire's blog and found myself nodding so much at this.....I can't believe my young self has gone (and has it really?)....I'm just a year younger than you btw - though my son is only ten (I was a late developer!).
    Very glad you're doing a 'me' thing - I suffer depression too and have been having a bad bout of the black dog of late....I am a firm believer that blogging makes great therapy....have worked out all kinds of dark spaces through my blog over the years.
    Janex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire p & Janex ~ thank you both so much for being my first two followers :) Re blogging: I'm enjoying the feeling of cameraderie (sp?) among bloggers and I'm beginning to see what great therapy this can be.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete