Monday, June 29, 2009

dazed and awake

I really hope that I'm taking too high a dose of thyroid medication. "Why?", you ask? BeCAUSE, I feel pretty hyper right now, I'm so awake, and it's 12:22 a.m.! Lord, please don't let hubby wake up, walk down that hall and see that not only am I still awake, but...on my laptap!!!! The look he would give me would be awful, as if I don't feel awful enough as it is, right?



I had to go in for a follow-up thyroid appt. last week and got bloodwork done. When I got home today, I saw a little post-it stuck on the oven door saying "call dr. re blood test results". I'll call tomorrow, and please, please, let the medication be too high of a dosage, thereby explaining my wierd hyperness and irritability lately. hhhmmmmm, just figured out ~ if everything's o.k. with medicine, everyone now knows that I'm just an irritable nervous wreck! ha ha!



I really need my rest since tomorrow little sister, K, and I are tackling my dad's dining room. Since moving into this house two years ago, very little, if anything has been gone through, hence dining room table, buffet, china cabinet are squeezed in with an old computer desk, boxes of old '45's, erector sets, piles of old travel magazines, childhood furniture and innumerable other objects. We're taking the kiddos over to my 20 yr. old daughter, C's, brand new apartment where they'll play games, swim in the pool, eat pizza and watch movies and we can get some work done.



Sigh. I really need to get off of here and see if I can find something on the news other than the latest on Michael Jackson's death. Maybe I can find something on insomnia.

3 comments:

  1. Oh hon, hope you got some sleep eventually. I know the feeling, Jamie's not a good sleeper, so frustrating.
    Hope all your test results mean you get things sorted, fingers crossed xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm so glad you came by to visit! I'm excited to have a blog friend in Houston. :) I am loving the blog so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire ~ thank you so much for you sweet words! You can't believe how comforting it was to read your comment. The dr. said I needed to 1/2 my current dose, thank goodness, and I'll get a re-check in 2 wks. Life is challenging enough without health issues! Hope your Jamie has been having some good nights lately.

    Rachael ~ what fun to have a fellow Houstonian as a follower! I really enjoy your site and look forward to getting to "know" you better!

    Rachael

    ReplyDelete