Saturday, July 4, 2009

parades, flags, & potato salad



We did the 4th of July thing today ~ neighborhood parade, hot dogs, hamburgers, flags, fireworks, the whole shebang! (no pun intended). D brought 21 mos. old Sydney over at 8 this morning so we could help decorate her stroller. J and I had gotten up early to make a batch of breakfast tacos for everyone. K, the boys, and Dad were also on hand. It was so fun gobbling down the yummy breakfast, listening to march music on tv, and snapping pictures of Sydney in her red, white, and blue finery. D made the cutest bows and "independence wand" for her. I'm thankful that I've got such a devoted daughter-in-law.


J and I walked with the intrepid parade walkers as far as the official starting point, took lots of pictures, visited with neighbors, and just in general, soaked up all the patriotic ambience. Then we waved bye and hightailed it back home to start getting things ready for our post-parade lunch.


Hubby's grown niece's family came over to join us for lunch and to see K and the boys. There were 15 of us; and with everyone talking at once, was a wee bit chaotic at times but I loved it. The food was great, and the company was even better. It's so fun having a little one around ~ you just sit around and are completely entertained by every little move they make.


After a while, the kids decided to go to the neighborhood pool, and K and I went back over to Dad's to go through boxes. That is still very much a work in progress but I'm proud of what we've been able to do so far.


O.K., it's 10:30 p.m. now and my eyelids are feeling a bit droopy. so, unless Saturday Night Live is really, really funny, and wakes me up, I'm outta here. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment