Wednesday, June 3, 2009

same song, millionth verse

No surprise at all but still disheartening. It's happened AGAIN. The day has slipped away and what I wanted to accomplish to help me feel more in control, make progress, etc. of COURSE hasn't happened. It wouldn't be so frustrating but, seriously, it's the story of my life. I know, I know. Kids are relatively healthy, husband loves me, I have my health, house isn't flooded, blah, blah, blah. But still ~ this kind of feeling day after day after day can really start to wear you down, piss you off and make you feel kinda bitter. I just wanted to balance my checkbook, right? After I do that, I then know that I'm working with exactly the right amount and unfortunately any little mistake of a few hundred $ makes a difference, especially now. So, here's my sob story: 6:50 take M to school, stop off at pharmacy on way home to p/u medicine, problem, of course, and have to wait, home to eat b-fast, start on statement but saw notes to self that I keep putting off, make those phone calls and gosh!! Time for chiro. appt., had to do ultrasound and other thingys separately so took longer, home, kitchen depressingly dirty so clean it, sit down to do stmt., one of the "duty" calls I made earlier calls back & chat for a bit, go with hubby to drop off truck with broken horn, back home, make time for lunch & conversation with hubby since I'm starting to feel frustration from him creeping in, M calls from school hysterical cuz I forgot to e-mail teacher with project questions and now she's got a zero, hang, up e-mail teacher as well as counselor after agonizing over verbage, FINALLY finish reconciling bank stmt. to checkbook only to find that they don't balance, time to go p/u M, take papers with me to work on while waiting in the p/u line, M sulks all the way home due to forgotten e-mail, back home to go thru stmt. item by item to find problem, and now...you guessed it ~ I'm doing this!! Hhmmmm, maybe some of it's in my control, after all. Nah, it's all someone else's fault, definitely not mine and besides, like Scarlett O'Hara says "Tomorrow is another day."

1 comment:

  1. I am the master of the scheduling of days gone wrong. I get a gazillion phone calls and kid interruptions. Yes, definitely can be frustrating!

    ReplyDelete